Preventive Care for Cats
Help your cat live a longer, happier life.
We offer both routine wellness care as well as advanced diagnostic and surgical services for cats. Because the medical needs of cats are unique, our cat hospital utilizes specialized equipment, the training of employees, and facilities specific to felines. We aim to be “fear-free” for your cat by offering a separate cat entrance, two primarily cat examination rooms, and soft, cozy surfaces to help your cat feel safe and secure.
We feel that cats are part of the family. Our client's response to the care we provide is the strongest testament to the quality of care we provide for their cats.
We Support Every Stage of Your Cat's Life
As your feline friend grows, they will move through six distinct stages of life:
- Kitten: 0 to 6 months
- Junior: 7 months to 2 years
- Prime: 3 to 6 years
- Mature: 7 to 10 years
- Senior: 11 to 14 years
- Geriatric: 15 years and over
Naturally, as a cat grows and progresses through life, it will undergo physiological changes and face a variety of life events that will require care and attention. From kitten care to geriatric cat medicine, consistent preventive care can make all the difference in the quality of life of your cat. Ultimately, your cat's health will impact your relationship with them.
Cats are very good at hiding illness. In fact, most cats will simply become less active and less interactive when very ill. Any signs of illness that a cat may show will be very subtle. Any change in their behavior should warrant a consideration that they may be ill. Many clients will return from work to find that their cat simply does not greet them at the door as usual. This may be an indication that your cat is ill. Because the signs of cat illness are so subtle, if you should notice any obvious changes in behavior please call our office.
More Cat Health Services and Treatments
- Intestinal Parasites: Reconize the different kinds of parasites that can infect your cat, and how can help get rid of them.
- Flea and Tick Prevention: We employ safe and effective flea & tick treatments for your cat's health and happiness.
- Heartworm Prevention: You have options when it comes to preventing heartworms in your cat.
- Heartworm Disease: We specialize in heartworm education, diagnosis, and treatment for your cat.
A Cat-Friendly Hospital, Minimizing Stress and Fear
Because the medical needs of cats are unique, our cat hospital utilizes specialized equipment, the training of employees, and facilities specific to felines. We are proud to cater to cats! We have two primary cat examination rooms, and we minimize stress by providing soft, cozy surfaces which will allow your cat to feel safe and secure.
Our staff is trained to allow cats to move at their own pace, which allows them to feel less stress during their visit to our hospital. Cats have special needs when it comes to exploring new environments. We understand the needs of cats: how they need to be “catered” to and how to keep their stress to a minimum. While we cannot make all cats feel completely at home, we can help all cats to feel safe and comfortable during their visit.
Our veterinary practices specialize in meeting the diverse array of feline needs, including:
- Understanding the unique needs of cats, thereby making veterinary visits more cat-friendly
- Understanding how to approach and handle cats in a gentle, empathetic, and caring manner
- Having an appropriate standard of equipment needed to diagnose and treat feline patients
- Meeting the high standards for facilities and care of hospitalized cats